We carry within our bodies a modern day chemical cocktail from industrial chemicals, pesticides, food additives, heavy metals, anaesthetics and residues of pharmaceutical, legal and illegal drugs the result of which can be; decreased immune system function, neurotoxicity, hormonal dysfunctions, psychological disturbances, cancer and other life threatening illnesses
A toxin is a substance which is detrimental to physiological functions within our body and has a detrimental affects on our health. We consume all sorts of toxins , some that we're completely oblivious to; natural toxins in foods (moulds, fungi, etc.), chemicals and additive in foods (pesticides, sulphites etc.) junk food (coffee, sugar, salt), drugs and recreational drugs (alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine etc), tap water (over 350 synthetic chemicals found: pesticides, plastics, chlorine, hormones )
External and environmental toxins include but are not limited to; heavy metals (Mercury, lead, aluminium), pollution, cleaning products, cosmetics and toiletries
Our bodies produce their own toxins in the form of bacteria and yeast
The production of man-made or synthetic chemicals has touched everybody's lives. Since the first creation over 150 years ago these substances have been produced in massive quantities and appear to have the ability to contaminate and damage both wildlife and humans. Yet most people know very little about what is going on in their environment and indeed, more specifically, underneath their own skin.
It is a mistake to think the only people at risk of chemical toxicity are those who are exposed to them at work. In this man-made polluted environment in which we all now live, every one of us is bombarded on a daily basis.
We end up ingesting these chemicals in our food as pesticides, preservatives, additives, pollutants, and contaminants from plastic food containers and cling film. We drink them in tap water which contain chemicals leached from contaminated soils , environmental pollutants and even chemicals added manually. Breathing them in throughout the day and night, and absorbing them through our skin from cosmetics and cleaning products. It may sound very doom and gloom but the light at the end of the tunnel is awareness.
A Government study, which measured levels of pesticides in animal fat, also tested biopsies of human fat for some of the most poisonous and persistent toxins – organochlorines. The result were shocking. Using the results provided in the study, it is calculated that human fat contains not just double of triple the level of organochlorines commonly found in animal fat but on average approximenately 500 times the total amount of organochlorines found in UK animal fat.
Not that we're planning on eating each other but this is a rather startling fact. All the stress we endure, the food many people eat, the toxins we're exposed to along with sleep deprivation and lack of exercise and fresh air all contributes.
If you answered 'yes' to any of the questions in the 'Toxins' questionnaire you will find this and the articles under Adaptogenic Foods very helpful. There's a bit of a common theme going on - hard to miss in the below - these are the basics for your daily routine.
2. Be aware of the sources of toxins ie heavy metals, plastics, household products, cosmetics, environment and some foods.
4. Drink between 1.5 and 2 litres of pure clean water per day.
6. Enjoy Miso soup at least 3 times a week, it can help remove radiation.
8. Enjoy regular saunas, infrared are best.
10. Skin brush daily - skin is your largest organic - keeping it in tip top shape is essential. If you don't have a brush get one today
12. Avoid caffeine and alcohol
14. Use coriander and turmeric in daily food - why? Take a look in the food fridge
16. A regular liver cleanse is a great way to cleanse your body and move toxins out.
18. A diet rich in chlorophyll - green leafy vegetables, blue/green algae, wheatgrass.
20. Stress management, meditation, relaxation & massage - it doesn't have to be expensive or complicated just part of a daily routine. Be good to yourself.
You currently have no products in your basket.